SA8000 Accreditation in the United Arab Emirates
The following areas are the emphasis of this standard
1) It is illegal for children to be employed by the company.
2) It states that none of the businesses are permitted to use forced labor.
3) It’s illegal to discriminate.
4) All employees must be paid at least the legal minimum.
5) The employer bears all responsibility for the health and safety of all workers while they are on the job.
6) Employees have the right to bargain collectively and to affiliate with whatever organization they want.
7) As is common elsewhere in the globe, the employer is responsible for determining the working hours.
8) Every business must abide by the guidelines for workplace conduct.
An authorized SA 8000 certification offers ongoing, trustworthy assurance that a company is adhering to social performance standards while also strengthening its managerial systems to address and mitigate social and labor issues.