How Does PCI Compliance Work?
Payment Card Industry (PCI) rules must be followed by credit card companies in order to fulfill the financial industry’s objective of protecting the privacy of credit card transactions. The term “payment card industry compliance” is used to describe the operational and technical guidelines that organizations apply to secure and safeguard the credit card information that customers supply and that is transferred during card processing payments.
Standards for PCI compliance are developed and maintained by the PCI Data Security Advisory Council and all Pci Dss Compliance Services In Uae adhere to this.
PCI-DSS Certification UAE
PCI DSS Specifications
The PCI SSC has set forth 12 guidelines for the management of cardholder data and maintenance of a secure network. To become compliant, a business must complete all of the requirements, which are broken down into six key goals.
- A firewall setup needs to be installed and maintained.
- System passwords have to be unique.
Safe cardholder information
- Protected cardholder information must be stored.
- Whenever cardholder data is transferred over an open network, encryption is required.
Management of vulnerabilities
- Use and regular updates of antivirus software are required.
- Secure systems and apps must be built and kept up to date.
- Only individuals who need cardholder data for work-related objectives should have access to it.
- Everyone who uses a computer needs to be issued a unique ID.
- Cardholder information must not be easily accessible.
Network testing and observation
- Controlled and recorded access to network resources and cardholder data is required.
- Regular testing of security procedures and systems is necessary.
- Information security guidelines must be followed.