Do I need IS0-17025 accredited calibration?
If you have a business that works with measurements and retrieving of the data from said measurements it may be important to have ISO-17025 accredited calibration or ISO-9001. These may help you continue business (if your in a country that requires accredited calibration) and become a more dependable and accurate source. While they may work together and have similar functions, they differ in their core uses and priorities. Be sure to research and discuss the possibilities with your coworkers before beginning accreditation.
Benefits of ISO 17025 accreditation
- A systematic approach to control all its processes and well defined procedures and supporting documentation.
- Achieve international recognition of its technical competence gain the confidence of customers and interested parties, as well as open doors to new market both locally and international.
- Greater quality awareness amongst employees and reduced defects, scraps, rework failures and service
- Have a better corporate image in the eyes of regulators, customers, employees as well as the society at large.
- Potential increase in business due to enhanced customer confidence and satisfaction.
- Savings in terms of time and money due to reduction or elimination of the need for re-testing of products.
- Better control of laboratory operations and feedback to laboratories as to whether they have sound Quality Assurance System and are technically competent.
- Control laboratory methods variation.
- Increase of confidence in Testing / Calibration data and personnel performing work.
- Validity and appropriateness of test methods.
- Traceability of measurements and calibrations to national standards.
- Suitability, calibration and maintenance of test equipment & Testing environment.
- Sampling, handling and transportation of test items Quality assurance of test and calibration data.