Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point – HACCP Certification in Dubai
What is HACCP?
HACCP is an internationally recognized, science-based, food safety system that is used to help ensure the manufacture of safe food products. HACCP is designed to prevent, reduce or eliminate potential biological, chemical and physical food safety hazards, including those caused by cross-contamination.
Who standardises HACCP?
HACCP methodology has been standardized internationally by the Codex Alimentarius Commission which was created by the Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) of the United Nations to develop food standards.
The organization irrespective of manufacturing or service industry involved in food & beverage manufacturing, food & beverage service, food & beverage trading, food & beverage warehousing, food & beverage transportation and food packaging, involved in Agriculture, Aquaculture, Horticulture, Fruits & Vegetables, Dairy Products, Meat & Meat Products, Fish & Fishery Products, Spices & Condiments, Nuts & Nut Products, Cereals, Bakery & Confectionary, Restaurants, Hotels, Fast Food Operations can benefit of certification and implementation HACCP based Food Safety Management System.
What are the benefits of HACCP Certification?
HACCP provides businesses with a cost-effective system for control of food safety, from things right through to production, storage and distribution to sale and service of the final consumer. The preventive approach of HACCP based procedures not only improves food safety management but also complements other quality management systems. The main benefits of HACCP based procedures are:
- Current and predicted hazards can be identified and removed
- Provides greater confidence in product safety
- Remedial action can be taken during production, i.e. before serious problem occur
- Control parameters are relatively easy to monitor, i.e. temperature, water activity, pH, texture…
- More cost-effective than microbiological or chemical analysis
- Operation is controlled on the premises
- All staff can be involved with product safety
- Reduced product loss
- Complementary to quality management systems, i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 22000
- Internationally recognised
- Application of HACCP system can promote international trade by equalising food safety control systems in the world.
- Ensures you are compliant with the law
- Applies to whole system not selected sampling point
- Due diligence defence in court.
2 Months Implementation and Training for HACCP Certification (Food Safety Management System) Process
It is a 2 months Nathan ISO Consulting helps you develop, implement HACCP system and attain HACCP certification from reputed certification body.
- Micro level survey of the existing system – Gap Analysis, Food Safety Policy, Food Safety Objectives. Determining role, responsibility and authorities, Identify and assemble core group, Appointment of Team Leader
- Management System Documentation: Level 1 to Level 4, Pre-Requisite Program, Operational PRPs, Hazard Evaluation, Critical Control Point, HACCP Plan, Food Safety Plan, Validation Plan, Verification Plan.
- Conduct awareness program for all – Awareness HACCP training to Core Group and identified staff
- Train internal auditors – Internal Auditors HACCP training(food safety training) to Core Group and Conduct of Internal Audit
- Take corrective actions for non-conformities and carry out management review meeting
- Apply for certification
- Final Certification Audit – end of project
The Steps in Brief:
The certification process is in three simple steps:
Application for certification
Complete the online form for Nathan ISO Consultancy to send a quotation.
Initial Certification Audit
The assessment process is based on a 2 stage approach as follows:
- Confirm that the quality manual conforms to the requirements of the ISO 13485
- Confirm the scope of certification including any justifiable exclusions
- Check legislative compliance
- Production of a report that identifies any non-compliance or potential for non-compliance and
- Agree a corrective action plan if required.
- Production of an assessment plan and confirm a date for the stage 2 assessment visit.
- Undertake sample audits of the processes and activities defined in the scope of assessment
- Document how the system complies with the standard
- Report any non-compliances or observations
- Produce an audit programme and confirm a month and year for the first surveillance visit
For more information about HACCP Certification in UAE please contact us by phone or email. We will be pleased to assist you.