What is OHSAS 18001?
OHSAS 18001 is an internationally recognised standard for occupational health and safety. It exists to help all kinds of organisations put in place demonstrably sound occupational health and safety performance
By having a clearly defined management system in place to identify and control health and safety risks, organisations are able to minimise risks to their workforce and visitors or external contractors on their premises. The standard will enable organisations to put in place processes for continually reviewing and improving occupational health and safety.
Why get certified?
OHSAS enables companies to focus on implementing health and safety systems which safeguard anyone coming into your work environment: clients, staff and contractors.
Key areas that will be assessed by OHSAS certification
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and determining controls
- Legal and other requirements
- Objectives and OHS program(s)
- Resources, roles, responsibility, accountability and authority
- Competence, training and awareness
- Communication, participation and consultation
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement
Benefits of working with Nathan ISO Consultancy
- Network of Overseas Strategic Partners
- Accredited Certification
- Recognised Worldwide
- Industry Experienced Audit Team
- Defined & Agreed Project Timescales
- Fixed Cost & Competitive Quotations
- International Accepted Certificates
- Web Discussion Group
- Free Newsletters & Updates
- Email Help Desk
Further benefits of becoming certified
- Compliance with a legal or business requirement
- Competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Identifying problem areas and opportunities for improvement
- Independent verification of system suitability & process reliability.
- Enhancing business reputation & corporate image
- Showing people your care & commitment about a subject of concern
- Greater staff awareness of and responsibility for company obligations
- Better resource usage and reduced costs of failures.
- Demonstrating “Due Diligence” to be in more legally defensible position against possible lawsuits.
Why Choose Us?
Global Clients chose us in preference to others for a variety of reasons. In most cases it’s because they like our fair and practical approach throughout the entire certification process and how we understand and meet each individual client’s needs. In short the Quality of our Service.